Seasons of the Moon

Volume 17 Issue 4
Lammas 2020

Seasons of the Moon is a quarterly online magazine published by students and members of The Order of The White Moon, an eclectic international order of women dedicated to The Goddess. The Order provides personal empowerment and priestess training, and operates local groups. All contributions are original material submitted by our students and members. (We do not accept outside contributions.) Please direct comments and questions to the Ezine Editor.

Lammas 2020

Contents

Directions

Rinse corn (pull back the silks, husk and recover corn)
Wrap corn individually in foil and place in a roasting pan
Stack as a pyramid and cover with foil (to steam corn)
Roast in the oven for 40 minutes at 400° F
Rotate corn in oven and spice corn if preferred

I have also cut ears of corn onto a plate and placed in freezer for future recipes like corn and potato chowder.

All the best with love,
Crystal Fire

© Crystal Fire Lammas 2020

Crystal Fire is a Level III Adept in Dark Moon's Heart School

Back to top.

Just For Fun

Altar Decorations

Orange and Apple Candle Holders

For the orange candle holders, you need thick‐skinned oranges. Cut the top, with a sharp knife or athame, use a spoon to scrape out the flesh. Now you can put a votive candle or tea light in the orange.

For the apple candle holders, you just take some nice red apples and take out the core with some special knife ‐ or any sharp knife ‐ until the candle fits in.

© M)0(rrigan 2015

My name is Morrigan. I am a Priestess of Morrigan and practice Shamanism, Runes, Tarot and Usui Reiki. I am a sister in the Sacred Three Goddess School.

Back to top.

Mabon Abundance Tarot Spread

At this time of year, we can look within and reflect on the abundance of our lives. Mabon is the second three harvest festivals, there may still be plenty of time to reap and give thanks for the many blessings we have received this year.

Abundance Tarot Spread

Questions to ask:

1. What is my current relationship with abundance?
  2. How do I achieve a more enlightened perspective of abundance?
  3. Where do I need to focus my energy in order to attract abundance in my life?
  4. What blessings am I grateful for right now?
  5. How do I honour the many blessings in my life?

© Ajna DreamsAwake

Back to top.

Lammas Herb Sticks

Herb sticks are simple to make and can provide a unique addition to your magick.

Do your research ahead of time. What is the intended use? Protection? Healing? Purification? etc… Work with herbs that will match your intent. Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs is a good resource for spellwork.

Wildharvesting allows you to develop a close relationship with local trees, herbs and flowers. Plants which grow within your bioregion will resonate more strongly with you and enhance your magickal work. Ask permission from the plants before harvesting, state your intended use and give thanks or leave an offering in exchange. I use the Peterson Field Guide of Western Medicinal Plants and Herbs by Steven Foster and Christopher Hobbs to identify local flora (so as to avoid gathering poisonous or noxious plants).

You can also cultivate herbs from seeds (use Heritage seeds when possible as they have not been genetically modified). This provides you with the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the life cycle, from planting, to nurturing and harvesting, and, finally, as a ritual offering. Honour your plants by asking permission before harvesting for ritual purposes.

Note: if the intended use is as a smudge, burn a small amount of the herb prior to bundling. Some plants may smell nice, but may not have the same pleasant aroma when smouldering.

Gather Materials
Herbs
cotton string (Use cotton or other natural fibers for the string as well as corresponding colours to match your intent. )
scissors

Directions

Prepare your ritual space.

On a clean flat surface, place your base plant and then, one by one, add each ingredient. Name the plant, its intended use etc…

Cut a long piece of string, gather up the bundle and begin wrapping. Chant an incantation, or repeat your intent, as you wind the string up and down the bundle. Tie off the string. Trim the ends and any parts of the bundle that stick out.

Hang to dry (approximately 4‐8 weeks).

Uses:
As a smudge, light one end of the herb stick with a match or candle flame, blow gently and direct the smoke with a feather to cleanse and purify ritual spaces etc … Place the smouldering herb stick on a safe, fireproof surface when not in use.
Place in a hearth for a ritual bonfire.
For those with smoke sensitivity, herb sticks can be left unlit. Once fully dried, wrap one end with a strip of cloth to use as a handle and use the bundle to direct energy or cast a circle.

© Ajna DreamsAwake

Ajna DreamsAwake is a High Priestess and founder of Dark Moon's Heart School. Her personal journey of self‐discovery continues as she supports and guides women along their own healing paths.

Back to top.

The articles featured in Seasons of the Moon are written and/or submitted by members of the Order of the White Moon and are their own intellectual property. Please feel free to share this publication but do give credit where credit is due and link back to the source.

Thank you for reading, we hope that you have enjoyed it just as much as we have enjoyed presenting it to you.

Many blessings to you and yours,
Seasons of The Moon Staff

Get Seasons of the Moon via email! Join the Seasons of the Moon group.

Seasons of the Moon Home